Sunday, October 10, 2010

Sana on the Scrapbook Assignment and International Business


For this assignment, we had to make a scrapbook with a compilation of ten articles that related to the five strands of International Business. There were other options and styles to put together the articles, but I thought an online scrapbook would be best since its like a log of current events that are affecting the world and business. I enjoyed doing this assignment because it allowed me to understand what factors influence success and how important currency exchange rates are (I never really understood business in general the way I do now), and it just made me think of the world as connected in some way. For instance, its nearly impossible for some countries in this world to do business with one another because of the big gap between their currency values, like the United States dollar and the Japanese yen. I was surprised at the amount of articles written about China, it makes me realize the country is a lot more active then I thought it was. I also enjoyed making the banner for the scrapbook, even though I could've used other symbols besides the globe and the plane. This assignment showed me that International Business as a course is about how the world is connected, and how we live making money and just helping each other out. It also taught me how things such as globalization is a good thing for places like Canada, but extremely harsh on third world countries like India and China. It amazes me how people that work so hard for so little are that happy with just being able to go to the factory everyday to work. I'm eager to find a solution, even if perfect balance impossible; for everyone to live with at least some wealth in their lives and I hope this course teaches me more about how our world works.


No comments:

Post a Comment